Friday, June 20, 2008

Be careful walking in the dark

I was walking on Binshui Rd. (宾水道) the other day and came across this manhole just chilling on the side of the road. I mentally pictured someone not seeing it and falling five feet into the gas pipe which lay below. My shock and disbelief disappeared on Tuesday when I was riding my bike to work and noticed yet another open manhole, but at least there was a warning for passers-by, a brick about one foot in front of it. One, if you have an open manhole, why wouldn't you post a gate around it or something and second, if it's open, why is it not being used?

1 comment:

golfnut said...

There is no barricade by the manhole for the same reason that they don't use goggles and earplugs when jackhammering. It's a great way to fix the population problem - just open a manhole and whoah!!!!!!!