Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Starbucks

I had the opportunity to walk through one of the projects which is managed by JLL here in Tianjin at the basement of a building. It is going to host a Papa John's, Starbucks and some other stores when completed. Some things struck me as odd while I was touring. For example, people were walking through the construction site from the subway to gain access to the upper floors as if it were nothing, and nobody cared. The picture to the right is going to be a Starbucks, but you may notice something missing...like safety equipment. The guy bending over was jack hammering the floor and I walked by other people who were shaving metal with large Dremel tools sans goggles. I asked the project manager about contractors supplying safety equipment, but his reply was not encouraging. Even if supplied, nobody would want to use them.

No comments: